This package is aimed at those travelers that are interested to learn more about both the local way of life and about zanzibars ecosystem.
Guests will meet local scientists, community leaders and see the Zanzibar behind the curtains of tourism.
- Upon arrival at the lodge briefing and introductory talk
- village tour including visit of woman cooperative, village school and both traditional healer and ‘modern’ hospital, lunch at local restaurant / HALF DAY
- Stonetown tour with visit of Institute of Marine studies, introduction to marine preservation and aquaculture on the island (optional visit of pearl farming project in south east of island)
lunch in local restaurant / FULL DAY
- snorkeling with visit of marine aquaculture developments both on and offshore (seaweed farming & processing, in water sponge farm) / HALF DAY tide dependant
- jozani forest & mangrove tour / HALF DAY
Guests are encouraged to participate at the ‘pack for a purpose’ program:
By using 3-5 kg of their spare baggage allowaince on their international flight they can assist the health program of makunduchi hospital by bringing needed supplies from a list made by the doctors of the hospital